Frequently asked questions:
How much does it cost to build decking in Melbourne?
Price to build a new deck vary based on the below factors:
- What type of foundation are you building the deck?
- The size of the deck you are planning to build.
- The type of material you are going to use. (Timber/Composite/hardwood etc).
- Does it include stairs, handrail, pergolas, and verandahs?
- Council and building permit if needed.
Decking or paving, which one is more cost-effective?
In terms of the construction cost and labour, building a deck is cheaper than a paving alternative. Also, the cost of materials is more flexible when it comes to decking and offer a range of colour selection. While composite deck requires not much maintenance, paving does not need maintenance at all.
How long will my decking last?
Most of the decking in Melbourne will last at least 15 years upwards if built and treated properly. Some of them will last up to 20 to 25 years when using more durable and high-quality material such as hardwood, timber, and composite.